Tips to help your child prepare for exams
Exams are stressful for both children as well as their parents. With the world becoming more competitive each passing day, the pressure to get good marks in exams has become paramount. Here are some simple tips that will help your child be better equipped at preparing for exams.
Create Conducive Environment for Study
Creating a conducive environment for studies is one of the first important steps you can take to help your child prepare better for their studies. Environment involves both physical and mental. These steps can help you build an environment where kids can study better.
- Assign a specific spot for studying.
- Make sure the spot is isolated from outside noise and disturbances as much as possible.
- Make study area comfortable.
- Switch off TV, Radio, Music System or any other appliances that can distract kids.
- Ensure guests and visitors donâ€™t upset study time.
- Communicate Exam Schedule with the family to create a better study environment at home.
- Try postponing parties or celebration or limit them to kids play time.
Take Good Care of their Physical &Mental Health
A good health both mental and physical is essential for kids to do well in their studies. Investing some time in boosting their health can make a lot of difference.
- Encourage healthy food habits.
- Make sure they have light but nutritious food before studying.
- Arrange healthy snacks like fruits or milk for study time.
- Ensure your kid has a good nightâ€™s sleep.
- Take special care of nutrition.
- Schedule play- time for exercise and to help stimulate the brain.
- Look for signs of stress and help eliminate them.
Fix Study Time Apart from Homework and Assignments
Homework and assignments no doubt take up a lot of time; however, it is important to set some time apart for studying to help your child fare well in exams. Scheduling study time from the beginning of an academic year and ensuring your child sticks to it is always beneficial as it reduces workload during exams.
Ensure Study Materials are Available
Ensure your kids have all the materials like practice copies, books and other studies materials in hand. Additionally, you can also
- Know the exam syllabus well.
- Get charts and boards to make study time more interesting and engaging.
- Understand your childâ€™s learning ability by getting detailed feedback from their teachers.
- Use aids and tools like images, computer etc. to help your kids preparation effective.
- Supervise group studies for effective knowledge sharing.
Get Involved with their Studies
One of the best ways to help your child prepare for exams is by getting involved with their studies. Identify the topics or subjects your kids need extra help with and coach them to help improve. Communicating with their teachers will definitely give you a better idea about it.
Schedule Prep Tests
Scheduling prep test or mock tests at home will help you understand the knowledge level of your child and give you a better idea on areas they need to work more. Another benefit of these mock tests is in boosting the confidence level of your child and removing the fear of exam from their mind.
Boost Your Childâ€™s Confidence
Definitely one of the most effective ways you can prepare your child for the exam is by boosting their confidence. Studies show that a confident child always does better in academics. Talk to them to understand their fear and insecurities and address them the best possible way.
Keep a clear line of Communication with Teachers
Maintaining good communication with teachers always help as this way you can be aware of how your child is performing in the classroom. Keep talking to teachers regularly to know the subjects and topics that your child needs extra coaching on.